Saturday, May 24, 2008

Overview

My thesis project involves restoring the "dream" within Drive In Theaters. Sunset Drive In, is located in Shelby, North Carolina and was once a luxury to many families. Each weekend families would come together, and slip away from the hassles of everyday life and step into a fantasy that Hollywood had created. With my thesis, I want to bring back the magic that was once given to so many. Over the years Sunset Drive In has became weathered with age, and each year a piece of the site seems to fall away. Although, many still love the drive in, I hope to bring Sunset back to life, with combining ideas of modern age to a lifestyle that is slowing its pace. With respect to the site I have already been provided, I would like to capture the essence of nostalgia to past, with a creative spin of modernization to the Drive In. With my study I hope to travel through the transformation of cinema, and create a link between the flat screen TV of the modern age to the large plywood screens that once captured life in an open field.

No comments: