Sunday, June 1, 2008

Precis 2

With this sketch, I was using the original concession stand as a means of being a projection in itself. Placing screens along side of the concessions would allow people to come closer together.

This image I was looking at each car having there own personal space. Since at a drive in people feel at comfort in their own property, and since its almost isolation, why not cut them off completely?
Continuing with the idea before of isolation and seperation, I had thought of these panels that would be placed between each vehicle as a divider, which would have holes that would allow for a dim light to pass through.

With this sketch I was working with the idea of each person having there own personal space, but not necessarily cutting all connections to the other viewers. Because to me the initial idea of the Drive In was to create a sense of community between strangers, and by blocking them off from one another you lose that sense of community

No comments: